Thursday 30 August 2012

Countdown to Oceania!

I am going to be at the Oceania Karate Championships in Sydney on the 15th-16th September, fighting in the under-50kg womens' division.


Unfortunately I'm not really under 50kg right now...I've got 15 days to be at my fighting weight (weigh in is usually the night before) which is actually enough time to lose 2kg in a healthy way, so really, I've got it good.
Hamish approves of this message.
 However, since I also *only* have 15 days, I've decided to start doing some of the bodyrock.tv videos and a modified version of one of the 30 day challenges. I first found out about bodyrock earlier this year; their routines are designed for home based exercise and incorporate a lot of the body weight and plyometric exercises that are useful for martial arts, and sometimes it's just nice to have a workout all there and ready for you instead of working it out yourself.
Nala approves of sleeping
I will be doing the "30 day challenge" that was posted in May. There's actually only 27 days up on that particular calendar, so I'm removing the rest days (minus 8) and combining the "Flow" (flexibility only) days with the "Burn and Sculpt" (cardio and resistance training) days (minus another 4) which makes 15 exactly! When I get to Australia there may be team training sessions, so it may only end up being a 12- or 13-day challenge, but I'm looking forward to it.
I completed the "Fit Test" (3 X 50s sets of half-burpees, pressups with alternate leg/arm lift at the top, tricep dips, and situps with legs off the ground, 10s rest to change between exercises) today and also the "Flow Test" (assessing flexibility in a variety of stretches). The best numbers I posted for the "Fit Test" (i.e. how many I did in 50s) were actually pretty dismal in my opinion - 25 burpees, 20 pressups, 27 tricep dips and 45 situps. Hopefully this improves by the next time I do it!
Kitten Nala is the Best Nala.

No comments:

Post a Comment